Quality & Safety
Hampstead Hospital considers high quality behavioral health services in a safe environment to be our top priority. To achieve this goal, we regularly collect and review quality and safety measures related to all aspects of our services, to ensure that we meet regulatory and accreditation requirements, measure up to other behavioral health inpatient facilities, and meet the needs of our patients and families.
To achieve our patient satisfaction goals, a satisfaction survey is given to patients prior to discharge. It is our hope that all patients will complete this survey honestly and return it to us in the prepaid, self-addressed envelope. It is through the comments and suggestions made by patients that we are able to improve each patient's stay at Hampstead Hospital.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Hampstead Hospital will be the regional leader of high acuity mental health services. Using our natural ability, competitive advantage and strategic relationships, we will provide an innovative continuum of care that will maintain our status as a cutting edge behavioral health system.
Hampstead Hospital is committed to providing our patients and families with effective treatment in a safe and caring environment.
- United Team
- Keeping our patients safe
- Taking responsibility for the care of our patients
- That inspires integrity, creativity, and innovation
- Working together with mutual respect
- Pursuing the highest standard of ethical care
- Committed to a culture of safety and quality
- Assure continued hospital operations through systems and process improvement strategies
- Foster a hospital-wide culture that supports and provides safety and quality of care, treatment, and services
- Provide consistent leadership that aligns the hospital's mission, vision, values, and goals
Accreditation and Licensure
Hampstead Hospital is Accredited by Joint Commission (JC) for inpatient hospital services through the JC voluntary nation-wide hospital accreditation program. This award excludes partial hospital and intensive outpatient services. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for profit organization that surveys and accredits 15,000 healthcare organizations nationwide for safety and quality of care.
Hampstead Hospital is committed to providing safe, high-quality care and treatment, through continuous JC standards compliance. Individuals with concerns about patient care and safety are encouraged to contact the Hampstead Hospital Patient Advocate (800-600-5311 or 603-329-5311). For unresolved concerns, contact the Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org.
Hampstead Hospital is proud that our compliance with the National Patient Safety Goals was validated by The Joint Commission in 2012:
- Identify patients correctly
- Improve staff communication
- Use medicines safely
- Prevent infection
- Identify patient safety risks
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Hampstead Hospital is certified by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
State of New Hampshire
Hampstead Hospital is licensed by the State of New Hampshire.